Jetico BCWipe 4.01.16
Jetico BCWipe 4.01.16 | 5.3 MB
BCWipeTM data wiping software enables you to permanently delete selected files so that they can never be recovered or undeleted. BCWipe embeds itself within Windows and can be activated from the Explorer FILE Menu OR from the context (right-click) menu OR from BCWipe Task Manager OR from a command-line prompt. BCWipe complies with U.S. Department of Defense (DoD 5220.22-M) standard, U.S. Department of Energy (DoE M 205.1-2) standard and a set of other standard wiping schemes. You can also create and use your own customized wiping scheme to wipe sensitive information from storage devices installed on your computer.
Jetico provides military-standard data protection software for all highly sensitive information and mission-critical data throughout the lifecycle - permanently delete files, erase entire hard drives, encrypt files/folders, encrypt whole volumes and control network traffic.
Approved for use by the U.S. Department of Defense, BCWipe surgically removes all traces of selected data, while BestCrypt disguises the data you need to keep with convenient, reliable encryption. Jetico Personal Firewall protects computers against hackers and malware when networked or connected to the Internet. For central administration and policy management, Jetico offers an Enterprise product line, highlighted by BCWipe Enterprise featuring Enforcer.
* Delete with wiping
* Wipe free disk space
* Wipe Swap File
* Wipe File Slacks
* Wipe Empty Directory Entries
* Swap File Encryption
* Hexadecimal File Viewer
* BCWipe Task Manager
* Transparent Wiping
New Features in BCWipe 4.0:
1.Transparent Wiping. Jetico is introducing a higher level of protecting deleted information from unauthorized recovery - BCWipe%27s Transparent Wiping. After Transparent Wiping is easily activated on your computer, BCWipe will automatically wipe all contents of any file or folder that is deleted. So, you no longer need to worry about securely erasing all traces of every single sensitive file you%27ve been working on - BCWipe%27s Transparent Wiping will always be there to take care of it!
The primary advantage for users running Transparent Wiping is that it eliminates time-consuming processes to wipe free space, wipe temporary files or wipe old file versions. These tasks are typically necessary because while running an application - such as editing an Office document or browsing the Internet - it creates temporary files, cache objects or other special system files that may contain confidential information.
Transparent Wiping intercepts all delete%27 commands sent by the user or by the system and securely wipes the data files. And all temporary files created by Windows or by any application will be wiped when they are no longer needed. When a Word document is closed, the temporary copy of the file will immediately be wiped.
2. Additional Wiping Schemes
- DoE M 205.1-2 (U.S. Department of Energy standard) NEW!
- German VSITR standard NEW!
- Bruce Schneier%27s recommended wiping scheme NEW!
- Wiping Scheme Editor now has the capability to create complementary passes NEW!
- U.S. DoD 5220.22-M(ECE) - 7 passes
- U.S. DoD 5220.22-M(E) - 3 passes
- Peter Gutmann method
- One random pass
3. Updated Internet Browser Support. BCWipe 4.0 supports the latest versions of common Internet browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera) and can wipe a full set of related items (e.g., saved passwords, last active tabs, search history).
4. Enhanced User Interface. More information is now provided about wiping statistics during the wiping process as well as after the process is completed.
5. Special Log Viewer Utility. Log Viewer is a convenient tool to survey the log file generated by the wiping process. With Log Viewer users can monitor the wiping process while it is running. View is customizable by hiding/showing columns. Log Viewer can filter the file by selected text string or highlight all the strings containing the selected text. For Transparent Wiping the Log Viewer reports the process that initiated the deletion.
6. Enhanced %27Wipe Local History%27 Task Added (Formerly Known As %27Clear Recently Used File Lists%27). This is the only task that is not superseded by Transparent Wiping. New items are added in the task to clear more traces in Windows Registry.
7. Automatic Update Utility. BCWipe 4.0 includes an Automatic Update utility which actively monitors Jetico%27s latest software updates and enables users to receive them automatically.
8. Support For Windows 7. BCWipe 4.0 supports the new Windows 7 operating system, in addition to Windows Vista, XP, 2008 Server, 2003 Server and 2000. BCWipe 4.0 supports both 32 and 64-bit platforms.
Changes in v.4.01.16 | 31-May-2010:
- Optimized %27wipe MFT records%27 operation to avoid "Too long name generated" error.
Download links :
(Jetico BCWipe 4.01.16 Downloads)
Dear visitor, you went to the site as unregistered user. We encourage you to register or enter the site under your name.